Mobilizing Collaborative Action- fostering a socially and economically vibrant Abbotsford.
The Housing and Homelessness Unit of the City of Abbotsford in collaboration with their Inter-Agency Care Team, Housing With Abbotsford Rental Connect initiative, Fraser Health Authority and Abbotsford Police Department are facilitating a series of conversations throughout the community to request input and engagement, regarding the following:
- The City's Affordable Housing Strategy update process and Housing Innovation Labs,
- Abbotsford Homelessness Prevention and Response System mobilization and
- City, Abbotsford Police Department and Fraser Health Authority collaborative work to reduce impacts to local business and community, which can be reinvested into the local economy.
We welcome an opportunity to have a panel-led conversation with the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce members to listen to the needs of the local business community and receive input into their on-going initiatives.
Panel Representatives will include:
- Abbotsford Inter-Agency Care Team
- Housing with Abbotsford Rental Connect
- City, Fraser Health Authority, and Abbotsford Police Department
- City of Abbotsford Housing and Homelessness Unit
Dena Kae Beno
Housing and Homelessness Coordinator in the City Manager's Office of the City of Abbotsford
Dena has over twenty-six (26) years of community planning, development and research work experience in the public, private construction and development sector, non-profit affordable housing and community sectors. She holds a B.A. in Geography with an extended minor in Anthropology and a M.A. in Anthropology from Simon Fraser University. Within the government sector, Dena has worked in various capacities with Housing and Urban Development, Metro Vancouver, City of Richmond, and City of Abbotsford. She is committed to fostering sustainable community development through multi-stakeholder investment and collaboration.